In the Sala d'Ercole of Palazzo D’Accursio, from December 2nd a large retrospective of the Bolognese painter's drawings. “Wolfango disegnatore” aims to let visitors experience the immense production of the Bolognese artist's drawings through about a hundred works, many of them unpublished.
The exhibition covers the entire artist's life and is divided into periods: from the first sheet of 1932, in which the author of only six years already manifested his vocation for art and an innate talent, to the early '40s, characterized by a "nineteenth-century" style; from the artistic evolution of Wolfango in the 1950s, marked by a strong Morandi influence and some moments of informal inspiration between 1957 and 1958, to two important sections dedicated to the illustration: the preparatory drawings of the prestigious edition of the “Divina Commedia” that Wolfango illustrated from 1963 to 1968 and the drawings of 1964 and 1965 for the book “Gesù Oggi”. A further section shows the great charcoal drawings that Wolfango began to produce from the late 1960s, which are the focal point of the exhibition. The exhibit ends with a more familiar space with a series of drawings entitled “Album di famiglia – Il passato è il presente”, with loving portraits of family, private life and personal references.
Conceived by the daughter of Wolfango, Alighiera Peretti Poggi, the exhibition is accompanied by an important catalogue published by Minerva Edizioni and curated by the daughter of the artist, with a preface by Tomaso Montanari, an essay by Eugenio Riccomini and beautiful images by Andrea Samaritani.
“Wolfango disegnatore” is the first appointment of a series of events that celebrate the figure of the painter on the first anniversary of the death. Among them, the presentation in Cappella Farnese of Palazzo d'Accursio of the biography curated by Eleonora Renda entitled "Wolfango oltre i colori", edited by Minerva Edizioni (on December 16th), and the production of a DVD on the life of Wolfango titled “Una lunga fedeltà” directed by director Teo De Luigi and realized in cooperation with Fondazione Cineteca di Bologna.