- Visit a palace of unique historical charm, seat of seat of the Metropolitan City of Bologna
- Admire the rooms on the "piano nobile" with their 19th-century decorations
- Discover the story of Giovanni Malvezzi de' Medici and the leading figures of the Bolognese Risorgimento
Palazzo Malvezzi De' Medici, now the seat of the Metropolitan City of Bologna, is known as the 'palazzo dal portico buio' (palace of the dark portico) due to the characteristic semi-darkness of its portico.
Its building started in 1560 by Bartolomeo Triachini. The palace is noted for its imposing 18th-century staircase and 19th-century ornamentation on the piano nobile
In 1931, the palace was purchased by the Provincial Administration of Bologna, which immediately prepared a renovation plan.
You can admire the rooms on the piano nobile, which still retain their 19th-century decorative layout, together with the numerous refined double doors in carved and gilded wood.
Full price: € 18,00
Reduced price: € 15,00 (Card Cultura holders; Bologna Welcome Card holders; helpers of disabled people)
Free for disabled people and kids 0-11 years old.
Tickets for disabled people entitled to free admission must be pre-booked by writing to email@example.com or at the Information Desk in Piazza Maggiore.
- Professional tour guide
- Access to Palazzo Malvezzi
Meeting point (15 minutes before the tour starts):
Palazzo Malvezzi entrance
Via Zamboni 13, Bologna
Cancellation with refund or amendment of the reservation possible up to 24 hours before the scheduled start of the activity.
- The guided tour will be conducted in Italian only
- Reservation is required.
- It is mandatory to arrive 15 minutes before the time indicated in “entrance time”.
- Late visitors will not be admitted at Palazzo Malvezzi, unless they book a new visit at another available time and pay again.
- Lifts (elevators) are available for guests with impaired mobility.
- Animals are not allowed.
Tourist services selling is managed by Bologna Welcome Incoming Travel AgencyShow more
Saturday March 23rd
Saturday April 6th
Saturday April 20th
Saturday May 11th
Saturday May 25th
Saturday October 12th
Saturday October 26th
Saturday November 9th
Saturday November 23rd
Saturday December 14th
Saturday December 28th
Lifts (elevators) are available for guests with impaired mobility.
For people with disabilities and helpers, the reservation must be made by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art & Culture