Palazzo Malvezzi De' Medici, now the seat of the Metropolitan City of Bologna, is known as the 'palazzo dal portico buio' (palace of the dark portico) due to the characteristic semi-darkness of its portico.
Its building started in 1560 by Bartolomeo Triachini. The palace is noted for its imposing 18th-century staircase and 19th-century ornamentation on the piano nobile
In 1931, the palace was purchased by the Provincial Administration of Bologna, which immediately prepared a renovation plan.
You can admire the rooms on the piano nobile, which still retain their 19th-century decorative layout, together with the numerous refined double doors in carved and gilded wood.
Full price: € 10,00 p/person
Reduced price: € 8,00 p/person (Card Cultura holders; Bologna Welcome Card holders; children 6-11 years old; seniors 65; university students; disabled helper)
Free for disabled people and kids 0-5 years old.
N.B. Tickets for disabled people entitled to free admission must be pre-booked by writing to email@example.com or at the Information Desk in Piazza Maggiore.
The sales of the services is managed by Bologna Welcome Incoming Travel Agency
- Professional Italian-speaking tour guide
- Access to Palazzo Malvezzi
Meeting point (15 minutes before the tour starts):
Palazzo Malvezzi entrance
Via Zamboni 13, Bologna
Reservations can be cancelled or amended free of charge only up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled booking time. Beyond that deadline, you will be charged the whole amount of the reservation with no exceptions applicable.
- Reservation is required.
- It is mandatory to arrive 15 minutes before the time indicated in “entrance time”.
- Late visitors will not be admitted at Palazzo Malvezzi, unless they book a new visit at another available time and pay again.
- Lifts (elevators) are available for guests with impaired mobility.
- Animals are not allowed.
- Visit a palace of unique historical charm, seat of seat of the Metropolitan City of Bologna
- Become king, emperor or president for a day by visiting the most impressive rooms
- A palace that is a small museum thanks to the great masterpieces on display everywhere.
May - only in italian
friday may 26th at 15-16-17
saturday may 27th at 11-12-15-16-17
sunday may 28th at 11-12-15-16-17
friday june 16th at 16-17
saturday june 17th at 16-17
sunday june 18th ore 16-17
wednesday october 4th at 16-17
- Art & Culture