A unique experience that will allow you to discover Palazzo d’Accursio, one of the landmarks of Bologna and symbols of power. Discover every corner of the imposing Clock Tower, the tower that guides the city in the beating of its time and the Municipal Art Collections, a unique place where the history of Bologna is treasured.
Entering from the courtyard and climbing the elegant "staircase of horses", up to the second floor, you will first enter the Accursio Tower (Torre Accursio), better known as the Clock Tower. Here, by using your smartphone, you will listen to the audio guide that will take you within the halls of the building, until you reach the beating heart of the tower: the mechanism that makes the clock work. You will hear anecdotes about how the building and the tower have spanned the centuries to the present day and you will have a unique opportunity for an unbeatable view of Piazza Maggiore.
You will also have access to the Municipal Art Collections, housed in the rooms that were once used as the residence of the Cardinal Legates. Also in this case, with the help of an audio guide, you will wander among paintings, art objects, furniture, porcelain and fabrics ranging from the Middle Ages to today, up to reaching the Urban Room (Sala Urbana), a masterpiece of the Bolognese Baroque with its heraldic decoration.
Clock Tower (Torre dell'Orologio),
Palazzo D'Accursio, Piazza Maggiore, 6 - 40124
- Visit with audio guide of the Clock Tower
- Entrance to the Municipal Art Collections
Full price: €8,00 p/person
Reduced price: €5,00 p/person (under 12; over 65; schools; university students; groups)
Reduced price Card Cultura: €5,00 p/person (Card Cultura holders)
Free for children under 4 years old; disabled people and helpers; authorized touristic guides; leaders of groups of minimum 20 people
The sales of the services is managed by Bologna Welcome Incoming Travel Agency
If you cancel or modify your entrance time at least 24 hours before the scheduled entrance at the Clock Tower (Torre dell’Orologio), there is no cancellation fee, later you will be charged the entire price of the service.
- Card Cultura holders have to use the card to access the Municipal Art Collections.
- You will receive by email a voucher for the entrance of the Municipal Art Collections that will be changed with the entrance ticket at the Municipal Art Collections booking desk inside Palazzo D'Accursio.
- To ensure a safe visit of the tower, it is mandatory to arrive 5 minutes before the entrance time.
- Late visitors will not be admitted into the Clock Tower (Torre dell’Orologio), unless they book and pay a new visit at another available slot.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- Animals are not allowed.
- Climb the Clock Tower (Torre dell'Orologio) and look out over Piazza Maggiore
- Enter the Municipal Art Collections and discover unique pieces of art
- Learn about the history of Palazzo d'Accursio and of the Clock Tower with the aid of an audio guide
Elevator not present.
For further info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clock Tower (Torre dell’Orologio), 40min
Municipal Art Collections, 1h
- Art & Culture