A unique experience for you to discover Palazzo d’Accursio, city landmark and stronghold of power. Explore every nook and cranny of the imposing Clock Tower, the city’s time-marking beacon, and the Municipal Art Collections, a unique museum with fascinating halls where the history of Bologna is jealously treasured.
Once past the inner courtyard and the stately "horse staircase " up to the second floor, your will first encounter the Accursio Tower (Torre Accursio), better known as the Clock Tower. Don't forget to scan the QR code and listen to our detailed audio guide while you browse through the tower’s halls up to the building’s very heart: the mechanism behind the imposing clock. You will hear anecdotes about how the building and the tower have spanned the centuries to the present day and you will have a unique opportunity to enjoy an unparalleled 360-degree view of Piazza Maggiore.
You will also gain complimentary access to the Municipal Art Collections, housed within the former apartments of the Cardinal Legates. Here, another audio guide will lead your way through the wealth of paintings, exhibits, porcelain and fabric works ranging from the Middle Ages to the present day, finally reaching the climax at the Sala Urbana, a masterpiece of the Bolognese Baroque with its heraldic decoration.
Clock Tower (Torre dell'Orologio),
Palazzo D'Accursio, Piazza Maggiore, 6 - 40124
- Visit with audio guide of the Clock Tower
- Admission to the Municipal Art Collections (Please note: check out the Art Collections opening hours before planning your visit, as they may vary*)
Full price: €8,00 p/person
Reduced price: €5,00 p/person (Bologna Welcome Card EASY and Bologna Welcome Card PLUS holders; children 4 to 12 y.o.; over 65; school trips; university students; groups of minimum 6 people led by tourist guides)
Reduced price Card Cultura: €5,00 p/person (Card Cultura holders)
Free for children 0-3 years old; disabled people and helpers; licensed tourist guides
The booking of free tickets reserved for people with disabilities and their helpers must be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by reporting at Bologna Welcome Info Point in Piazza Maggiore.
Ticket selling is managed by Bologna Welcome Incoming Travel Agency
Reservations can be cancelled or amended free of charge only up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled booking time. Beyond that deadline, you will be charged the whole amount of the reservation with no exceptions applicable.
- * The opening hours of the Municipal Art Collections may differ from those of the tower, so make sure to check them out before planning your visit.
- Card Cultura holders must show their card at the museum counter to access the Municipal Art Collections.
- In order to access the complimentary Art Collections, visitors must report at the museum counter inside Palazzo d'Accursio with the Voucher sent on their E-mail adress after completion of the booking.
- To ensure a safe visit of the tower, visitors are kindly requested to show up 5 minutes before their scheduled entrance time.
- Late visitors will not be admitted into the Clock Tower, unless they book and pay a new visit according to the availability.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- Animals are not allowed.
- Access to the audio guide will be granted only by scanning the QR Codes with your smartphone and by using your own earphones.
In the event of high visitor confluences, we recommend wearing a face mask.Show more
- Climb the Clock Tower (Torre dell'Orologio) and look out over Piazza Maggiore
- Enter the Municipal Art Collections and discover unique pieces of art
- Learn about the history of Palazzo d'Accursio and of the Clock Tower with the aid of an audio guide
Elevator not present.
For further info email email@example.com
Clock Tower (Torre dell’Orologio), 40min
Municipal Art Collections, 1h
- Art & Culture