Palazzo Malvezzi Campeggi was erected around 1500 by Andrea Marchesi Di Pietro, known as Formigine and by his brother. It was built over a more ancient structure that was owned by Giovanni II Bentivoglio and then sold to the powerful Malvezzi aristocratic family.
The main floor was designed in the 18th century and is adorned with frescoes. The court, with three orders of superimposed columns, was damaged during World War II.
The building is now the site of the School of Law of the University of Bologna (Scuola di Giurisprudenza dell’Università di Bologna).