Inaugurated on 5 April 2014, "Paolo Guidotti" Cultural Centre of Castiglione dei Pepoli houses a museum that tells the Bologna Apennines from prehistory to the last century. The exhibition collection is set up in four rooms: "Hall of the origins" dedicated to objects and human settlement on the territory from the Middle Ages to the contemporary age; "The rural world and its crafts", space dedicated to the traditional workmanship of the Apennines, to the trades of the past, to the life and daily objects of the inhabitants of the Bolognese mountains; "Castiglione tra '800 e '900", room reserved for objects and images of Castiglione life at the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries; South African war memorial"that tells the contribution of the Sixth South African Armoured Division in the Italian Campaign, from April 1944 to the end of the Second World War. Only by reservation it is possible to visit "Sala della Terra", an exhibition that traces the history of the distant geological eras and takes us back to the origins of the Bologna Apennines. These are mineralogical and paleontological (fossil) finds collected in over thirty years of research in the area between Castiglione dei Pepoli, Camugnano and Grizzana Morandi and donated to the Municipality by Ultimo Bazzani, a passionate local researcher.
Accessible for wheelchairs, but the use of the elevator is conditioned to the opening of the library, which has opening hours that do not coincide with those of the museum.
Library and meeting room
|Sunday and holidays|
For schools, by appointment only: Mon-Fri 8:30-12:30