Set out on a fascinating discovery of the UNESCO Arcades: five themed itineraries will reveal their most intriguing secrets and curiosities, traversing those historical eras and architectural styles that have shaped the layout of today's neighbourhoods.
- Friday 9 December at 2 p.m., Saturday 10 December at 5 p.m., Saturday 24 December at 2 p.m., Friday 6 January at 2 p.m., Saturday 7 January at 5 p.m., Saturday 21 January at 5 p.m., Saturday 4 February at 5 p.m. - THE ARCADES OF THE NOBILITY FROM THE MIDDLE AGES TO THE BAROQUE
The city’s noblest families would build towers and... porticoes. Discover the arcades of the most beautiful noble palaces.
Itinerary: Via Marsala (portico of Palazzo Grassi), Via Zamboni, Strada Maggiore, Corte Isolani, Piazza Santo Stefano
- Saturday 17 December at 5 p.m., Saturday 31 December at 2 p.m., Saturday 14 January at 5 p.m., Saturday 28 January at 5 p.m. - THE EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY PORTICOES OF THE BELLE ÉPOQUE
Relive the Belle Époque through the arcades of Santo Stefano neighbourhood down to the Giardini Margherita
Itinerary: Archiginnasio portico (aka the Pavaglione for the Bolognese), Via Farini, Piazza Cavour, Piazza Minghetti, Via Santo Stefano, Baraccano Renaissance portico, Giardini Margherita.
Tourist information and incoming services point
Piazza Maggiore 1/e - 40124
- Professional Italian/English speaking tour guide
Full price: € 15,00 p/person
Reduced price Card Cultura: € 12,00 p/person (Card Cultura holders and Parma Card holders)
Free: children under 12
All services are managed and sold by Bologna Welcome Incoming Travel Agency
Reservations can be cancelled or amended free of charge only up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled booking time. Beyond that deadline, you will be charged the whole amount of the reservation with no exceptions applicable.
In the event of high visitor confluences, we reccomend wearing a face mask.
- Visit the city’s most charming porticoes
- Wonder at the porticoes’ different styles with an expert guide
- Discover why porticoes became a World Heritage Site
*the service will be carried out by a single guide in both languages
- Art & Culture