Villa delle Rose, an ancient resort indicated in the 18th-century land register as Casino Cella, was built in the second half of the '700s.
In 1916 the Municipality of Bologna acquired the property and at the end of the '20s converted it to the site of the Modern Art Gallery. The name Villa delle Rose came from the abundance of flowers that characterise it.
Telephone: +39 051 436818; +39 051 6496611
open for temporary exhibitions only