Palazzo Belloni, also known as Casa Cantelli, is located in Via de’ Gombruti on the intersection with Via Barberia. The apparent simplicity of the outside of the building contrasts greatly with the richness of the interior and particularly with the majestic staircase that leads to the main floor.
It has always been owned by the Belloni family that built it at the end of the 17th century. In particular, the building owns its fame to the many stays made by James III Stuart between 1717 and 1726. Giacomo Angelo Belloni also affixed a commemorative headstone in marble in testimony to these royal visits.