Mercato delle Erbe is the largest covered market in the historical city center, where it is possible to buy fruits and vegetables, meat, cheese, wine, and much more. In 2014 some areas of the market were transformed into a food court.
Since the beginning of the century, the Mercato delle erbe (vegetable market) was held in Piazza de Marchi next to the church of San Francesco. In 1910, when the city needed the space occupied by the market, the present market hall was built in Via Ugo Bassi. Rebuilt after the war devastation, the new Mercato delle Erbe in Via Ugo Bassi inaugurated in 1949.
Mercato delle Erbe was declared Historic Market (approval of the City Council ref. Pg. n. 290088/08).