Welcome is Bologna

Padiglione Esprit Nouveau

Piazza Costituzione, 11 Bologna (BO)
MAP

Date of last update: 13/06/2018, 14:50

The pavilion Esprit Nouveau opens to public again 40 years after its construction, and after a restoration made in two months only, and supported by Regione Emilia-Romagna (Emilia-Romagna Region) and Comune di Bologna (Municipality of Bologna).

Completely faithful replica of the original building created by Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret for the Paris Exposition International des Arts Décoratifs in 1925, then destroyed, the pavilion Esprit Nouveau was inaugurated on October 6th, 1977 in the park facing the trade exhibition area of Bologna (Piazza Costituzione 11). The idea of rebuilding this Pavilion in Bologna was by the architects Giuliano and Glauco Gresleri, and José Oubrerie, with the art direction and supervisory  of a team of architects and technicians of the Le Corbusier Foundation in Paris.

Entrance is free and subject to availability (max 50 persons)
For the guided visits (in Italian) a previous reservation is required (tel. +39 051 6496611).