The Rocca Sforzesca in Imola is located in the historical city centre and is one of the symbolic buildings of the city.
Its origins date back to the second half of the 13th century. It is home to the dungeons, the residential rooms on the ground floor and the terrace offering amazing views of the city and the surrounding hills. In addition to the tower, the only original structure that remains is the pointed arch which is used as a doorway.
The Rocca was the home of those who governed the city down the centuries: the Church, the Alidosis, the Viscontis, the Manfredis and even the Sforzas.
After being closed to carry out restoration work in 1958, it was reopened to the public in 1973 and has since displayed the Weapon and Ceramics Collections.
Telephone: +39 0542 602609
- Art & Culture
|Saturday||10am-1pm; 3pm - 7pm|
|Sunday and holidays||10am-1pm; 3pm-7pm|
For more information visit the website