Tourist tax in Bologna
Those who will stay overnight in any accommodation facility and who are not resident in the city have to pay an extra small amount of money for the overnight stay.
The tax varies according to the following price ranges related to the room price per person per night (exclusive of VAT and supplementary services). The rates in force from 1st January 2019 are the following:
· Price Range 1 -70.99 €, rate 3.00 € per person per night
· Price Range 71-120.99 €, rate 4.00 € per person per night
· Price Range over 121 €, rate 5.00 € per person per night
· Camping sites and hostels, rate 1.50 € per person per night
Tourist tax are free for:
- residents in the Municipality of Bologna
- under 14 years
- university students regularly enrolled at the University of Bologna if housed in student halls of residence
- severely disabled people whose disability condition is certified in accordance with Article 3 paragraph 3 of Law 104/92 and similar provisions of the countries of origin for foreign citizens and an accompanying person
In observance of the law, the Municipality of Bologna will earmark the revenue of the tourist tax for projects aimed at promoting the local tourist system.
When checking out, the guests of any accommodation facility will have to pay the tax to the accommodation manager that will have to present a financial report and transfer the tax revenue to the Municipality.
Many information on Comune di Bologna official website