Phone +39 051 2099539
Reference maps: C-5
Date of last update: 06/03/2020, 19:20
THE “Giacomo Ciamician” Chemistry Collection (Collezione Chimica) was set up in 1983 to gather together the many pieces of equipment used for scientific research and as a teaching aids for students.
A series of exhibition areas was set up in 1900 on the second floor that recreates the atmosphere of early 20th-century chemistry laboratories thanks to period furniture.
The museum is part of SMA - Sistema Museale d'Ateneo Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna
by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it
by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exits n. 8/8bis-9 and 10 direction city center.
Tickets details (in Italian)
Free entry from 9am to 6pm when the department is open because the collection is always on show in the cabinets in corridors of the museum.