This Villa, located on the Monte di Barbiano, was built in 1575 by Cardinal Filippo Guastavillani.
It was converted to be used as an assistance facility for poor and ill children in 1927. After it was hit by air-raids in 1944 it became a sanatorium for anti-tuberculosis prophylaxis.
It was bought by the Municipality of Bologna in 1992 and in 1996 it was given to the University of Bologna that converted it into a centre for advanced studies. It is now the site of rooms and offices of the Bologna Business School.
- Art & Culture