The passion of Bologna for horseracing and trotting races, and the commitment of many farmers in the area of Bologna, contributed to find the ideal location where to build a racecourse.
The project was made possible thanks to the crucial help of the municipality. As a matter of fact, in 1933 the municipal administration immediately acquired the land (where now the racecourse may be found) after the failure of the Società Ippica Bolognese (the old Horseracing Society of Bologna) that built and opened the racecourse in 1932.
Now, more than 80 years later, the racecourse is still seen as a symbol of the trot in Bologna. In 1943 the Arcoveggio was bombed, thus causing two years of interruption. From that moment, its activities have never stopped. A long series of prestigious awards, horses, champion riders (like Crevalcore, Atollo, Delfo, along with American, Swedish, French champions and recently the famous Varenne) have been part of the Arcoveggio history. Apart from being a racecourse, Arcoveggio is a place where culture, history, tradition, spare time, passion, commitment, new and old professions live together. As a matter of fact, other facilities are also offered, such as a recreation area and a group of qualified entertainers for children, little markets with local products and art exhibitions for adults.
Telephone: 051 3540311
- Sport & Motors
Accessible to disabled athletes and audience.
Covered grandstand seats: 2000
The races are as scheduled as in the MIPAAF calendar.
Closed: July and August.