The precious seventeenth-century organ of the Church of Santa Maria della Misericordia is proposed as the most suitable instrument to witness the outstanding musical tradition that accompanied the liturgy in past centuries. For the undoubted artistic merits and the noble history, this organ can give voice to that sacred repertoire that nowadays is rarely heard.
This initiative, by parson Don Mario Fini and the organist M.° Andrea Toschi, aims to give back to the faithful the opportunity to enjoy the richness of its musical characteristics.
The organ was built in 1624-1625 by Cristoforo Faletti from Cremona, with materials by Antonio Colonna, Agostino Traeri and Alessio Verati and is enclosed in the splendid wooden case, hand-carved like the entire choir – a wise work of the Slavic Master Mattia Cossich in the year 1626. The instrument was restored in 1962 by the Piccinelli Company of Padua, under the supervision of M.° Luigi Ferdinando Tagliavini.
NOVEMBER 10 SATURDAY, 9:00pm OrganistaKLAUS VAN DEN KERKOFF (GERMANY)
NOVEMBER 17 SATURDAY, 9:00pm Organista JESUS SAMPEDRO (SPAIN)