The old seat of the Notary's guild or association - as inferred by the three ink pots with quills depicted in the coat-of-arm on the façade - went through several building stages. The original core dates back to 1287, but the left side towards S. Petronio was enlarged under the direction of Berto Cavalletto and Lorenzo da Bagnomarino with the contribution by Antonio di Vincenzo in the design of the windows. The right portion, which is the oldest one, was built anew by Bartolomeo Fioravanti in 1442. In his 1908restoration, A. Rubbiani drew his inspiration from that outline, when he renovated the two mullioned windows in flamboyant Gothic style, and eliminated an 18th-century raising. Inside the palace Achille Casanova renovated the pictorial decoration of the lacunar ceiling following documentary sources.