Definitions, characteristics and application of the rule
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your device and be trasmitted again to you when you visit the site a second time. By means of cookies, the site records user’s actions and preferences (such as, for example, the language chosen, the character dimensions, other settings concerning the layout of the site, etc.) so as to avoid that the user has to enter them when returning to the site at a later date or when the user visits a different page of the same site. Cookies are therefore used for user log in, to monitor browsing sessions, store information relating to the users who access the Site and may contain a unique identification code that allows to track the user’s navigation within the Site for statistics and advertising purposes.
Users may download cookies on their devices owned by sites and web servers different from the Site that they are actually visiting (“third-party cookies”). Some cookies are necessary for the technical functioning of the Site; if you do not accept the latter cookies some functionalities and features of the Site may not be accessible.
Different types of cookies exist, depending on their features and functions, and they might be stored on the users’ devices for different timeframes: session cookies are cancelled at the end of each browsing session while persistent cookies may last up to a certain date that has been pre-set by their owner.
On the basis of the law applicable to cookies, user’s consent to the latter is not always mandatory. The user’s consent is not necessary for “technical cookies”, such as cookies are used exclusively with a view of carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as it is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service. The latter cookies are indispensable for the proper functioning of the Site and to execute activities specifically requested by the users.
Amongst the technical cookies, that do not require an explicit prior consent by the users to be deployed, see the following:
- "cookie analytics" insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the website,
- "browsing or session cookies" (to log-in to the website),
- "functional cookies", which allow users to navigate as a function of certain pre-determined criteria such as language or products to be purchased so as to improve the quality of service.
For "profiling cookies", namely those aimed at creating user profiles and used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation, the user's prior consent is necessary.
Types of cookies used by the Site and the possibility to de-activate them
The Site deploys the following cookies, while always offering the possibility to de-activate them, except for third-party cookies that can be de-activated by the users directly on the owners’ websites using the links provided below:
- Information are processed in an aggregated and anonymous fashion. The data controller may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This aggregate information may be shared with third parties to assist them in targeting advertisements to appropriate audiences;
- Technical functional cookies, which allow users to navigate as a function of certain pre-determined criteria such as language or products to be purchased so as to improve the quality of service.
BEWARE: if you disable technical/functional cookies the Site might not work properly and some services or some of the Site’s functionalities may not be available or work properly; you could be required to modify or manually fill in some information or preferences each time you visit the Site.
- Third Party Cookies, namely cookies owned by sites and web servers different from the Site that the user is actually visiting, including profiling cookies. The latter third parties are listed below with the links to their respective privacy policies; they are autonomous data controllers of the data collected through the cookies they serve; you shall refer to their privacy policies and consent forms (activation and de-activation of their respective cookies – as specified in Simplified Arrangements to Provide Information and Obtain Consent Regarding Cookies - 8 may 2014), listed hereby below:
To know more about the cookies, visit:
How to display and modify the cookie settings via your browser
Users may select the cookies they want to enable, disable or cancel cookies (wholly or partially), by means of the tools offered by the browser used: however, please notice that if you disable technical/functional cookies the Site might not work properly and some services or some of the Site’s functionalities may not be available or work smoothly, and you could be required to modify or manually fill in some information or preferences each time you visit the Site.
To know more about how to set your cookies preferences via your browser, read the guidance provided at the following links: