L'Oratorio dei Battuti is the only one in Baroque style in town. This artistic and architectural movement, while moving from the school of Bolognese painters "Carracci", has exploded in Rome in the early 1600's dominating the art scene until 1750.
The Oratory, which is considered a real artistic jewel, saw compete a group of promising students of the nascent Accademia degli Incamminati, a school of the Carracci: Francesco Albani, Domenichino, Balanino, Barbieri, Massari, Brizio and Guido Reni.
Along the portico on the side of the church of S. Giacomo Maggiore, in the via Zamboni, we find the entrance to the Oratory of St.Cecilia and Valeriano. It comes from an old romanic church commissioned by Giovanni 2nd of Bentivoglio, lord of Bologna. It was made smaller and completely frescoed to preserve the most important paintings of the Bolognese Renaissance.
L'Oratorio di San Carlo is a wonderful example of the Bolognese school, painting movement that flourished in Bologna in the sixteenth and seventeenth century (1500-1700), who struggles to Florence and Rome the primacy of Italian painting.
In Corte de Galluzzi, near Via D’Azeglio, is this Oratory of San Giovanni Battista Fiorentini. The Galluzzi family built the Church, it was originally attached to the tower on the left of this building.
“Sala d’attesa” is a space within the Pantheon of Certosa Monumental Cemetery in Bologna (Cimitero Monumentale della Certosa di Bologna) for holding the funerals of citizens who do not belong to any religious faith.