Opened in January 2011, following the restoration that started in 2007, Palazzo Fava is a historical building in Bologna dating back to the Middle Ages, now transformed in the Palazzo delle Esposizioni.
The building, whose current structure took shape in the Renaissance, was purchased by the ancient Fava family in 1546, who entrusted the decoration of the main floor to the Carraccis with the fresco cycles of the Stories of Jason and Medea (Storie di Giasone e Medea) and the Stories of Aeneas (Storie di Enea). After the Fava-Ghisilieri's ownership, the building first passed on to the Medica family and then to Grand Hotel Majestic (known as the Baglioni in previous times). In 2005 the complex was purchased by the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio in Bologna, which financed its renovation, delivering it to the city as the Palazzo delle Esposizioni.
Today, in fact, there are regular exhibitions, at national and international level, such as Girl with a Pearl Earring (La Ragazza con l’orecchino di perla) and From Cimabue to Morandi-Felsina Painter (Da Cimabue a Morandi-Felsina Pittrice).
The Palazzo Fava. Palazzo delle Esposizioni is part of the cultural, artistic and museum itinerary of Genus Bononiae. Musei nella Città (Museums in the City).
Telephone: +39 051 19936305
More info about tickets on website.
- Art & Culture
From Tue to Sun: 10am-7pm (last entry at 6.30pm). Closed on Mondays
Extraordinary openings: Mon 10, 24 April, 1 May at 9am-7pm
Timeslots are subjected to change. Please, visit the website.
Public holidays (8 December - 6 January)
Open: 8 December from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; 24 December from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; 25 December from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.; 31 December from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; 26 December and 6 January from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; 1 January from 12 noon to 7 p.m.
Closed: non-holiday Mondays