Welcome is Bologna

Architecture and Monuments

Historical theatres

Teatro Alessandro Guardassoni

Teatro Alessandro Guardassoni

This small theatre is located in the piano nobile of Palazzo Montalto, thus called after the birth-place of its founder, Pope Sistus V, who at the end of the 16th century turned it as a university boarding school for young students from the Marches region. This function continued until the French revolution, to start anew in 1873 by today's Collegio San Luigi, previously known as Collegio dei Nobili.

Teatro Eden

Teatro Eden

The Eden theater, with its original Liberty frescoes of Belle Epoque style, between the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century was the ancient café chantant Eden Kursaal, where the most famous vedettes of that period performed.

Teatro San Salvatore

Teatro San Salvatore

This theatre has a seating capacity of 100 people. It is located inside the monastery of San Salvatore.

Teatrino di Villa Altieri

Teatrino di Villa Altieri

In the garden of the "Arrigo Serpieri" Agrarian Institute, there is a small, open-air theatre, which along with an oratory and an aviary is all that is left of the elegant Villa Altieri.