The building was designed by Alfonso Torreggiani (XVIIth century) by will of Pope Benedict XIVth as the seat of the Archbishop's Seminary. In 1912, the building was transformed into a hotel and it is still the most prestigious hotel in the city.
Ronzani Palace was built during the first decade of the XXth century by Gualtiero Pontoni as part of some sophisticated buildings raised between the two centuries. These buildings were designed on the basis of a city plan whose main purpose was to value the importance of the Garisendi and the Asinelli Towers as symbols of Bologna.
Casa Barilli was designed by Leonida Bertolazzi between 1906-1907 and it was one of the first “shopping centres” in Bologna. It is a four-floor palace whose decorations make reference to the Vienna Secession: short arches, tall pilasters, iron railings and several windows.