Just outside porta Lame - in the present via Bovi Campeggi - there is the "Sostegno della Bova". It was constructed in 1594 designed by Floriano Ambrosini in place of the old port of Maccagnano, opened in 1284 to bring ships from Corticella up to Bologna. The navigation lock, some of the manoeuvre structures as well as the caretaker's house are preserved intact. It corresponds to the point in which all the water flowing out of the city converges: the Cavaticcio and Aposa canals and Moline canal are already together in a single stream. From this support (that still presents the dock) Pope Eugenio IV set off by ship, the morning of the 3rd January 1438, to go and open the section of the Council of Ferrara.