Main residence of the Marconi family since mid-19th century. In Villa Griffone Guglielmo Marconi set up his first workshop and completed his first experiments in wireless telegraphy (1895). The Mausoleum of Guglielmo Marconi beneath it was designed by the architect Marcello Piacentini. The entire complex is a national monument. At the scientist's death, in 1937, the villa became the seat of the Marconi Foundation, set up in 1938 to keep the memory of the great inventor alive. Integral parts of the asset of the foundation are the Library and the Archive with numerous Marconian funds. The Villa also houses the Marconi Museum, dedicated to the origins and development of radio communications.
photo Villa Griffone - archivio FGM