Welcome is Bologna

City parks and botanical gardens

Orto Botanico

Orto Botanico

The Botanical Garden of the University of Bologna is one of the oldest in Italy. It was founded in 1568 on the initiative of Ulisse Aldrovandi (1522-1605). After several transfers found its permanent home in Via Irnerio, a short distance from Via Zamboni. The total area is about two hectares and on it have grown more than five thousand specimens of native and exotic plants.

Parco 11 Settembre

Parco 11 Settembre

Public park near the Cineteca of Bologna, with entrances from Via Azzo Gardino, Via Riva di Reno and Via del Castellaccio. The park is located in the space of ex Manifattura Tabacchi.

Parco di Villa Angeletti

Parco di Villa Angeletti

The green area covers about 8,5 acres along the right bank of the canal Navile. . It takes its name from Villa Angeletti which was destroyed during the Second World War

Giardino del Ghisello

Giardino del Ghisello

The garden is located on the left bank of the Navile canal, which was once very important for the supply of energy to the spinning machines for the production of silk.

Parco di Villa Ghigi

Parco di Villa Ghigi

The park is located on the first hill slopes south of the city, just outside Porta San Mamolo. It has a surface of approx. 28 hectares.

Parco di San Michele in Bosco

Parco di San Michele in Bosco

The park of San Michele in Bosco is owned by Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute: a part of this park is called Remo Scoto Garden.

Giardino Remo Scoto

Giardino Remo Scoto

Located in the Rizzoli hospital's property, on the south side (of the lower level), across the street Codivilla,  the garden Remo Scoto, is part of the park of  San Michele in Bosco.

Parco della Chiusa

Parco della Chiusa

Called also Talon, consists of what remains from the villa and the park of the Marquis Talon Sampieri.

Parco di Forte Bandiera

Parco di Forte Bandiera

The park has been gradually acquired by the municipality during the '60s and '70s. Today it covers an area of 16 hectares.