Welcome is Bologna

Villas

Villa Aldini

Villa Aldini

The villa was built by Antonio Aldini, minister of Napoleon during the years 1811-16, according to a plan by Giuseppe Nadi.

Villa Aldrovandi Mazzacorati

Villa Aldrovandi Mazzacorati

The Villa is located in the Camaldoli estate purchased by Annibale Marescotti in 1616. A few years later, in 1690, after Raniero's death, the noble building and its gardens became the property of the Aldrovandi family. In the late 18th century the villa became the property of Marquis Mazzacorati. Now the villa houses the Historical Museum of Toy Soldiers "Mario Massacesi".

Villa delle Rose

Villa delle Rose

Villa delle Rose is the space dedicated by MAMbo to temporary exhibitions and to the organisation of events in collaboration with public and private stakeholders. The villa, characterised by its evocative venue in the middle of the big park of the quarter Saragozza and by its simple and elegant architecture, was given to Comune di Bologna by the Countess Nerina Armandi Avogli in 1916.

Villa Spada

Villa Spada

The villa is located in the old estate of the marquis Zambeccari and replaced the building called Casino Zambeccari already mentioned by sources dating back to 1774. Since 1990 the villa has housed the Textile and Tapestry Museum “Vittorio Zironi”

Villa Guastavillani

Villa Guastavillani

This Villa, located on the Monte di Barbiano, was built in 1575 by Cardinal Filippo Guastavillani. The building still preserves the impressive dimensions of the time.

Villa Impero

Villa Impero

Villa Impero was built in the early 19th century by Marquis Mazzacorati after a project by Francesco Tadolini as a building to be used for party and ceremonies for the extant Neo-classical Aldrovrandi villa at Camaldoli.

Villa Serena

Villa Serena

Surrounded by greenery, it is located within walking distance from the centre of Bologna opposite the stadium.

Rocchetta Mattei

Rocchetta Mattei

The castle Rocchetta Mattei (literally "small fortress Mattei") is situated in the mountan chain of the Apennines between Tuscany and Emilia Romagna. It is 45 km away from Bologna, on the SS.64 (road) that links Bologna to Porretta Terme, just after the town of Riola, in the municipality of Grizzana Morandi.
It was built by the Count Cesare Mattei (1809-1896) on the remains of an ancient medieval castle that belonged to Matilde di Canossa (a.k.a. Matilda of Tuscany).

Villa Griffone

Villa Griffone

Main residence of the Marconi family since mid-nineteenth century. It was precisely in Villa  Griffone that Guglielmo Marconi set up his first workshop and completed his first experiments in wireless telegraphy  (1895), as reported also on a plaque on the façade of the villa.