Il Sostegno del Battiferro
Sostegno del Battiferro is a dam built for the first time in 1439 and completed by Vignola in 1548. Its name comes from an old iron factory that produced layers and bars. Later it became a factory of copper vases.
It is located between Canalazzo and Canale Fossette.The main building has been restructured in 1914. The navigation basin still has one of the two gates once used for the regulation of water’s level. This hydraulic complex was built between 1898 and 1901, near a hydroelectric factory, an oratory and the ruins of an old paper mill.