Palace of the former Seminary (now Grand Hotel Majestic, "already Baglioni")
The building was designed by Alfonso Torreggiani (XVIIth century) by will of Pope Benedict XIVth as the seat of the Archbishop's Seminary. In 1912, the building was transformed into a hotel and it is still the most prestigious hotel in the city. A room of the first floor, connected to the nearby Palazzo Fava, retains a frieze representing the “Stories of Europe” painted at the end of XVIth century by Agostino, Annibale and Ludovico Carracci.
Curiosity: in the basement of the Grand Hotel Majestic, near the breakfast room, an original Roman road paving can be seen.