Palazzo Fava, Exhibition Centre, takes up a surface of over 2600 square metres and is regularly used as an exhibition centre. The layout project, signed by Arch. Michele De Lucchi, covers 4 show floors divided as follows:
- ground floor: modern art collection (liberty room) where, among the others, you can find works by Umberto Boccioni, Giacomo Balla, Gino Severini, Felice Casorati, Mario Sironi, Giorgio de Chirico, Filippo de Pisis, Giorgio Morandi, Arturo Martini and Lucio Fontana, and contemporary art collection (following room) including works by Alberto Viani, Marco Tirelli, Enrico Castellani, Gianni Dessì, Nicola Samorì, belonging to the Fondazione Carisbo;
- main floor with frescoes by the Carracci: Ludovico, Agostino and Annibale carried out the first major cycle of frescoes of their careers, the paintings cycle about The Argonautica and the stories of Medea inside Jason’s Room, completed in 1584. Inside the so-called Aenea’s Room, paintings dating back to 1593 show the stories of Aeneas, drawn from the second and third book of the Aeneid. Since its opening, the palace has housed the collections of ancient art belonging to the Fondazione Carisbo and other exhibitions of ancient art collections, too;
- second floor and third floor: exhibition rooms destined to temporary and versatile exhibitions such as some of the exhibits organized by Philippe Daverio.
Palazzo Fava. Exhibition Centre is part of the cultural, artistic and museum itinerary Genus Bononiae. Musei nella Città.