Galleria d'arte Cinquantasei
The Art Gallery Cinquantasei was opened in 1980 in Bologna by Silvana and Estemio Serri with the artistic assistance of Franco Solmi, at that time Director of the Bologna Modern Art Gallery.The aim of the Gallery was to promote artists from Bologna working between 18th and 19th Century, as members of a great artistic current including from Luigi Bertelli (born in 1836) to Bruno Saetti (born in 1902). Over the years, through art books and great exhibitions, both for public to private concerns, the Gallery have drawn on these artists the interest of the international artistic world. From 1985, as a consequence of the last political events which radically modified the physiognomy of Eastern Europe countries, a new, completely unknown artistic scenery has been offered to the glance of the Western world. Ever since these years the Gallery gave start to the travelling exhibition "Not only Lenin", which shows the works of artists from the ex USSR giving the starting signal to a process of a mutual contact between Eastern and Western countries. Lately the Gallery had housed also some young artists. Inside the Gallery, as well as the five expositive rooms, there are a mini bar, the book-shop, a large library, the restoration workroom and a photographer's studio.