The pavilion Esprit Nouveauopens to public again 40 years after its construction, and after a restoration made in two months only, and supported by Regione Emilia-Romagna (Emilia-Romagna Region) and Comune di Bologna (Municipality of Bologna).
Completely faithful replica of the original building created by Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret for the Paris Exposition International des Arts Décoratifs in 1925, then destroyed, the pavilion Esprit Nouveau was inaugurated on October 6th, 1977 in the park facing the trade exhibition area of Bologna (Piazza Costituzione 11). The idea of rebuilding this Pavilion in Bologna was by the architects Giuliano and Glauco Gresleri, and José Oubrerie, with the art direction and supervisory of a team of architects and technicians of the Le Corbusier Foundation in Paris.
Thanks to an agreement between Regione Emilia Romagna and Istituzione Bolgona Musei, the Esprit Nouveauwill open to public from November 11th, 2017 to January 21st, 2018 every Saturday and Sunday (except for 24 and 31 December), from 3 pm to 6 pm, with guided visits (in Italian) at 3pm, curated by the Educational Department of MAMbo. Entrance is free subject to availability (max 50 persons), while for the guided visits a previous reservation is required (tel. +39 051 6496611).
On the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the pavilion, MAMbo has curated the reprinting of the book "L'Esprit Nouveau. Parigi-Bologna. Costruzione e ricostruzione di un prototipo dell'Architettura moderna” (1979), in collaboration with Fondation Le Corbusier and the support of Regione Emilia-Romagna.