The Park is located in the farthest end of the city area, on the borderline of the town of Sasso Marconi. It stretches to both sides of the ridge between the Reno and Savena rivers, across the route of Sabbiuno (on the tracks of an ancient road that leads to Tuscany). The area on the Savena riverbank is covered by meadows, occasional wild rose, hawthorn, rows of maples, elms, flowering ashes and a most recent forest area . From the top of the cliffs you can enjoy panoramic views of the park, as from the thin peaks , the isolated pinnacle of the Pliocene sandstones under the Sammoré Mountain. The side on the Reno river, wild and not accessible, is abundant in scenic gullies, with edges spotted by brooms. On the border it was built the outstanding war memorial to the 100 partisans killed by the Nazi-Fascist on this spot in December 1944. It was realized by a group of Architects of 'Città Nuova' (1972-73). The farmhouses in the nearby hamlet of Cà Croce host a small exhibition on the slaughter. From the edges of gullies beautiful views overlooking the Reno river and the Sabbiuno Mountain, with the old hamlet of Sabbiuno di Montagna.