The garden surrounds a historical monumental villa, old country residence inhabited by the Bologna's noble families Marescotti, Aldrovandi and Mazzacorati from the beginning of 16th until the last century. The neoclassic appearance of the villa is due to transformations in the second half of 18th century. From the beginning the villa was surrounded by a large and sumptuous garden. The garden has remained essentially the same during centuries: the space in front of the villa is composed by an Italian style garden with flowerbeds (with a collection of antique roses), shrubs, two big specimens of oak and yew trees, orange thorn bushes and fountains. Behind the villa, there are alleys and woody parts that conserve some nice specimens preserved from the last War. There is also a greenhouse with a collection of tropical orchids. The park is owned by the Health Organization of Bologna and it has an extension of 3.6 hectars, it is dedicated to the known pianist and composer Ferruccio Busoni (1866-1924), one of directors of Bologna's High School of Music.