Welcome is Bologna

Collezione ASP Città di Bologna

Via Marsala, 7 - 40126 Bologna (BO)

Phone +39 051/6201311-312

Reference maps: C-4

Date of last update: 17/06/2016, 12:54

In the 15th-century home Rossi-Marsili, (with the court adorned with terracotta of the 15th to 16th century), was located the ASP Poveri Vergognosi (currently there is the administrative headquarters of ASP Città di Bologna) which was founded in 1495 on the initiative of ten citizens of Bologna on the occasion of a famine that hit the city. It was intended to the assistance of those fallen into poverty after a well-off life and felt ashamed of appearing among the poor. The institution has been having benefactors since its birth. Most of them left, besides goods and capitals, objects of art creating a proper picture gallery. Nowadays the collection consists of around 200 pieces among paintings and printings. Other paintings and sundries of art that are in the Davia Bargellini Gallery belong anyway to the Charitable Institution.
The printings represent views of Rome of the end of 17th century, maps of farms, plants and prospects of urban buildings, maps of the pontifical cadaster of Bologna and of its territory, of 17th and 18th century.

 Remarkable among the paintings are: "The blessing Christ" of M. Crespi, "Dead Nature" of Cittadini, "The Salomon’s Judgement" of Ercole Graziani, "Madonna with the baby" marble bassorilievo of Francesco di Simone. Finally the "Angel", oil on canvas attributed to L. Carraci, "Fight" 18th century school of Veneto, "Mystic. Nuptials of st. Catherine" school of Guercino and many others.

by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it

by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exits n. 2-3-4 direction city center.

 Wednesday by appointment +30 051 6201311-312.

Temporarily closed. The "Quadreria" will open again in October 2016.

Collezione ASP Città di Bologna

Nearby