The small burg, close to the Park of Bolognese Gypsums and the Abbadessa Gullies. In this place, strategically located upon the “via Emilia”, in medieval times was built a castle to defend the important communication route. As a witness of the ancient fortress nowadays remains a beautiful tower, recently restored, part of the original medieval walls.
The village enshrines a quiet old times atmosphere, including an old traditional tavern and the ancient church of San Pietro, with its façade restyled in 1929 and the bell tower characterizing the burg's skyline.
Two interesting 15th-century fountains can be seen 200 meters far from the church, they are named “Delle Armi” after the Bolognese family that had a stately home here.