Welcome is Bologna

Oratory San Filippo Neri

Via Manzoni, 5 - 40121 Bologna (BO)

Phone +39 051 269969; 051 2962511

Reference maps: C-3

Date of last update: 10/05/2016, 17:30

The actual building is due to a remarkable restoration made between 1997 and  1998, as it was  completely damaged by bombs during the second war in 1944. The restoration tried to remain faithful to the original design by the author Alfonso Torreggiani, looking through the photos taken before the war, giving an amazing result. The original building was due to the work of five local architects, such as Alfonso Torreggiani who projected it, Angelo Piò for its sculptures, Francesco Monti for the paintings, who well expressed the Bolognese Baroque style between 1723 and 1733.

by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it

by car: ring road exits  No 2, 3, 5 direction city center - located in restricted traffic zone ZTL

first Saturday and Sunday of the month 10 a.m. - 7 p.m and on the occasion of events