Welcome is Bologna

Oratory of San Carlo

Via del Porto, 3/5 40122 Bologna (BO)

Phone +39 051 254569

Reference maps: B-2/3

Date of last update: 10/05/2016, 17:30

The Oratory, which is dedicated to St. Carlo Borromeo, dates back to 1667, when the Confraternity of S. Maria del Paradiso decided to build it. The whole decoration, including the vault representing St. Charles in ecstasy, was painted by Giacomo Friani, an artist from the school of Mitelli and Colonna. The Oratory's history ends when Napoleon comes to Bologna, but it begins again in1833, when the Confraternity is back and decides to re-open it.

by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it

by car: ring road exits  No 2, 3, 5 direction city center - located in restricted traffic zone ZTL

Nearby