The church is located on a hill, surrounded by forest of oak, chestnut, cupressus and olive trees. There is a beautiful panorama toward the city and hills around. Originally, it used to be a hermitage of religious nuns in the 12th century. In 1265, the property passed to the order of Maria Vergine Gloriosa (Knights of Our Lady), so called “Frati Gaudenti” - two of them, Loderigo and Catalano got famous thanks to Dante's Divina Commedia. In 1475, the complex was bought by Dominican order who carried out big construction works and commissioned precious frescos made by Bologna's painting school inside of the church San Vincenzo at the beginning of the 16th century. Now, it belongs to the order of Servi di Maria that has transformed the structure into the spiritual centre.