Welcome is Bologna

Campanile della Chiesa dei Santi Bartolomeo e Gaetano

Strada Maggiore, 4 - 40125 Bologna (BO)

Phone 051 227692

Reference maps: D-4

Date of last update: 10/05/2016, 17:30

This bell tower has been completed in 1694. It is 52 meters high and the cusp was added 50 years later.

In 1748 the architect Giacomo Lanfranchi rebuilt the spire in order to harmonize it with the rest of the building.

In occasion of the Eucharistic celebration in 1857 the priest don Giovanni Parazza ordered to rebuild the stairs, the window-shutters and to add four new bells made by the foundry worker Clemente Brighenti.

by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it

by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exits n. 11/11bis direction city center.

Usually not open to the public. For info: tel. 051 227692