Welcome is Bologna
MAP

Campanile della Cattedrale di San Pietro

Via Indipendenza, 9 - 40121 Bologna (BO)

Phone 051 222112

Reference maps: C-4

Date of last update: 10/05/2016, 17:30

This bell tower is 70 meters high. They have started to build it in 1184 and finished it in 1426. The roofing that covers the old bell tower dates back to the 10th century.

Inside the tower there is a bell called “la nonna”(the grandmother) which, with a weight of 3300kg, can’t be easily rung with the traditional bolognese method of ringing.

by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it
by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exits n. 11/11bis-12 direction city center.

Usually not open to the public. For info: tel. 051 222112