Welcome is Bologna

Architecture and Monuments

Memorial

Lapidi Ebraiche

Lapidi Ebraiche

The first Jewish cemetery in Bologna, located between the Baraccano church and the church of San Pietro Martire, was closed in 1569 after the expulsion of the Jews from the town.

Bologna Shoah Memorial

Bologna Shoah Memorial

The Bologna Shoah Memorial, born by the joint commitment of the Jewish Community, institutions and private citizens, is aimed as much to the past as to the future. Two steel blocks 10 meters high face each other at the corner between Via dei Carracci and the bridge of Via Matteotti converging one toward the other until delimiting a fissure enough wide to pass a person.

Monte Sole Historical Park

Monte Sole Historical Park

A protected area since 1989, it covers a surface of about 6,300 hectares, enclosing much of the area struck by the 1944 massacres. Rich in floral and animal species