Welcome is Bologna
MAP

Voltone di Palazzo Manzoli-Malvasia

Via Zamboni - 40126 Bologna (BO)

Reference maps: C-4

Date of last update: 09/05/2016, 17:32

The only original entrance to the former ghetto which still exixts today is the vault connecting San Donato church (18th century) to the ancient Manzoli-Malvasia palace built over the remains of a 13th century house, of which only a few door arches remain.

The palace was restored in the 16th century and then in 1760 with the façade designed by Francesco Tadolini.

As the legend goes, the gargoyle above the vault was used by the owners of the palace to spout wine for guests when a member of their family was appointed gonfalonier.

 

Taken from: ER Ambiente Le Pietre di Bologna: litologia di una città

by bus: lines and hours on the website www.tper.it
by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exits n. 11/11bis-12 direction city center.