Welcome is Bologna

Via Marconi

Via Marconi - 40122 Bologna (BO)
MAP

Date of last update: 14/11/2017, 12:39

In the nineteen thirties (1932-1936) the fascist administration completed the modern thoroughfare, initially named Via Roma, which was developed on the left-hand side with several buildings that reflected the modernist formalism of the time. Starting from the south and proceeding towards the railway station we encounter: the monumental concave facade of Palazzo del Gas on the corner of Via delle Lame (1935-36, architects Alberto Legnani and Luciano Petrucci) with its famous bas relief sculptured frieze dedicated to the cycle of Gas; the so-called Palazzo Faccetta Nera (1936 architect Francesco Santini) with its very close attention to detail in the unusual decoration of concentric diamond shapes; the imposing Palazzo Lancia (1936-37 architect Paolo Graziani) with its interesting tower on the corner of the crossroads with Via Riva di Reno. On the right-hand side, at number 67/2, stands the noteworthy Casa del Contadino, or farmer’s house, (1940 built by the National Fascist Farmers’ Guild), with original reliefs by Farpi Vignoli, dedicated to the figure of the Farmer, and the Meeting Hall, decorated by painter Galileo Chini, which is partially visible.

Texts edited by Linda Veronese

by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it

by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exit n. 5 direction city center.