Welcome is Bologna

Architecture and Monuments

Historical buildings and streets

Palazzo Ronzani

Palazzo Ronzani

Ronzani Palace was built during the first decade of the XXth century by Gualtiero Pontoni as part of some sophisticated buildings raised between the two centuries. These buildings were designed on the basis of a city plan whose main purpose was to value the importance of the Garisendi and the Asinelli Towers as symbols of Bologna.

Casa Barilli

Casa Barilli

Casa Barilli was designed by Leonida Bertolazzi between 1906-1907 and it was one of the first “shopping centres” in Bologna. It is a four-floor palace whose decorations make reference to the Vienna Secession: short arches, tall pilasters, iron railings and several windows.

Palazzo delle Assicurazioni Generali

Palazzo delle Assicurazioni Generali

The palace was planned by L.Repossi in the beginning of XXth century. Under the portico, there is a narrow space which, until recently, housed a store embellished by the design of Enrico De Angeli (brass, plexiglass, chroming) according to the  aesthetic researches of the fifties.

Casa del Collegio di Spagna

Casa del Collegio di Spagna

The Palace, which has a simple, severe style, was planned by  A. M. Laghi (XVIIIth century). In the façade, the coat of arms of Ferdinand VI King of Spain (1751) is placed.

Palazzo Unicredit e Galleria Acquaderni

Palazzo Unicredit e Galleria Acquaderni

The palace was planned by E.Collamarini in the first years of the XXth century. Contemporaneously, the Acquaderni Arcade was opened  under the palace, in the same place of the ancient church of Saint Giobbe.