Palazzo Malvezzi Campeggi was built in around 1500 by Andrea Marchesi Di Pietro, called the Formigine, and by his brother Giacomo on top of an older structure belonging to Giovanni II Bentivoglio and later sold to the powerful aristocratic family Malvezzi. The First Floor was designed in the 18th century and frescoed by Carlo Lodi and Antonio Rossi. Some of the frescoes exalt the military valour of the Malvezzi family, including Emilio Malvezzi, who fought for King Sigismund II of Poland. The stuccoes by Carlo Nessi link the heraldic symbols of the Malvezzi and Campeggi families, who were joined in 1707 by the marriage between Matteo Malvezzi and Francesca Maria Campeggi. Vittorio Bigari, Gioacchino Pizzoli and Giovanni Benedetto Paolazzi decorated other rooms. The courtyard, damaged during WWII, has three orders of superposed columns: Doric, Ionic and Corinthian, with medallions depicting the major Roman emperors. A large sculpture of Hercules by Giuseppe Mazza decorates a niche in the courtyard.