Welcome is Bologna

Palazzo Albergati

Via Saragozza, 28 - 40123 Bologna (BO)

Phone +39 051 0301015

Reference maps: E-2

Date of last update: 27/06/2016, 12:20

The construction of the present Albergati Palace (built and owned by the important homonym family from Bologna) started to be built the 28th April 1519 on the place of older residential buildings in the Via Saragozza. The project of the palace is attributed to Baldassarre Peruzzi or Domenico da Varignana.
The palace has an exceptional position on one of the important streets of the city centre. Its monumental frontage took the present aspect in the first decade of the 17th century. Inside of the palace, there are precious frescos from the 17th and 18th centuries: it is famous the “Fregio” by Bartolomeo Cesi representing the history of Hannibal and some scenes from the Second Punic War.
The Albergati Palace took fire the 8th August 2008. After this fire, both the ground floor and the first floor of the palace started to be restored, in particular wall paintings, baroque stucco and decoration of ceilings that were made originally between the 17th and 19th centuries. details (in Italian)

by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it

by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exit n. 1 direction city center.

Every day from 10am to 8pm on the occasion of exhibitions.


Palazzo Albergati