Welcome is Bologna
MAP

Palace of the former Seminary (now Grand Hotel Majestic, "already Baglioni")

Via dell'Indipendenza, 8 - 40122 Bologna (BO)

Reference maps: C-3

Date of last update: 09/05/2016, 17:32

The building was designed by Alfonso Torreggiani (XVIIth century) by will of Pope Benedict XIVth as the seat of the Archbishop's Seminary. In 1912, the building was transformed into a hotel and it is still the most prestigious hotel in the city. A room of the first floor, connected to the nearby Palazzo Fava, retains a frieze representing the “Stories of Europe” painted at the end of XVIth century by Agostino, Annibale and Ludovico Carracci.

by bus: lines and timetables on the website www.tper.it

by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exits n. 11/11bis-12 direction city center.