The "Putti Centre for Maimed People" was established in 1941 in the premises of the archdiocesan Seminary of Villa Revedin in San Michele in Bosco.
This orthopaedic centre specialized for the care and rehabilitation of the maimed caused by the war housed a large vegetable garden, a barn with cows and pigs, a bakery and a distillery. In July 1944 it passed under the supervision of the German Military Health Service.
On 29th of November of the same year the Putti Centre was surrounded by the SS and the Black Brigades and stripped through for more than six hours in search of partisans. The Director -Professor Oscar Scaglietti-, suspected of anti-fascism, was arrested, interrogated and then released. The thorough search did not produce any results: Scaglietti had all the time to transfer the wounded that were committed to the Resistance.