Welcome is Bologna
MAP

Casa Sforno

Piazza Santo Stefano, 15 - 40125 Bologna (BO)

Reference maps: D-5

Date of last update: 09/05/2016, 17:32

This building was home, private oratory and bank of the Jewish Sforno family coming from Barcelona that moved to Bologna in the 15th century.

The members of this family stood out for their high cultural level: among them noteworthy is Ovadyah Servadio, an eminent rabbi and scholar, philosopher, physicist and exegete of biblical texts of the late Middle Ages. He was a rabbi in Bologna,  practised medicine and established a school of Talmudic studies, which he ran until his death (1550).

by bus: trip planner in www.tper.it website
by car: located in restricted traffic zone ZTL. Ring road exits n. 11/11bis-12 direction city center